The Dorset Parent Carer Council are hosting a Big Information Event for parents and carers of children with special educational needs or disability (0-12 years). The event will be on Thursday 6th June 10am to 2pm at the Dorford Centre, Top O’Town, Dorchester.
The event will include a broad range of stallholders from across the 3 areas of education, health, and social care, including representation from the Children Who are Disabled team, the Family Partnership Zones, Commissioning and Provision team, CAMHS and CAMHS Learning disability teams etc. There will also be shortbreak providers and information advice & guidance teams.
In addition to stallholders, this years event will also include many opportunities for parent carers to have their say in how services are delivered in future – for example:
- The SEN team – want parents comment on how to improve the ‘letters’ they write, how the EHC plan template needs to change, improving the Review process and much more.
- Commissioning Team – looking at shortbreaks,what do families want to see in the future and who should access them. Do the right schools exist in Dorset and are there enough of them?
- Health – the information provided by health services on the SEND Local Offer, is it clear and easy to find?
- Information Advice & Support services – a complete reshape of these services which will be informed by parent carer involvement
- Have a say in what the Vision should be for all Dorset Children and Young People.
And lastly this is Dorset Parent Carer Councils 10th year – and we will be celebrating! This event will be a 10th Birthday celebration so lots and lots of cake and special gifts for parent carers who join us on the day!
For more information about this event open the pdf and click the link below.